Friday, June 5, 2009

Eagle Source 09

Good fun today. Headed out early to watch the Teva Games kick of with the Homestake Creek race. It was fun seeing the lines, but the water was low and didn't look that tough. I wanted to see some more carnage.

Shortly afterwards we headed up to the Eagle Source for revenge. Last year some willows tried to destroy my shoulder and I ended up walking two of the three major drops. Not this year. The river is a narrow low flow creek that quickly decends into Redcliff. In the middle there is this cool little mini-gorge.


The river keeps on trucking into a rapid called Not Done Yet. Last year, we read some horror stories about a pin in the middle that was rather dangerous. This year, I decided to man up and hit it. Not before bending and breaking some willow branches that were in the left channel.


That was about it for the Eagle Source. We did have some excitement with a log jam I though I could skirt on the left and missed the move and plowed right into it. Luckily it moved with me. We rolled down to Red Cliff portaged the last wood section and hooked up with these 18 year old lads from Georgia for a ride to the put in. We rolled back down to Minturn and the take out for Dowd chute and Mike showed up 5 minutes later perfect timing.

No comments: